“I am committed to providing Ward 4 residents with quality neighborhood schools, supporting District education leaders in expanding curriculum and extra-curricular activities, and ensuring modernization plans are on schedule”.
During his campaign, Councilmember Todd found that residents valued education as one of their top priorities. Councilmember Todd serves on the Committee on Education and has toured several traditional public and charter schools, libraries, and recreation centers. This fall he will be hosting a summit to bring PTA leadership together aimed at strengthening collaboration between schools. Specific areas of his involvement include:
- Attended elementary and high school graduations, and toured Ward 4 schools in preparation of the start of Fall to ensure that facilities were ready
- Held meetings with the Chancellor, the Department of General Services, and the Deputy Mayor for Education to discuss modernization, programming and issues related to students and staff
- Took part in “Back to School Weeks” by welcoming students in over 12 schools back from summer break, meeting principals and faculty, and spending time in the classrooms
- Broke ground on Lafayette Elementary School
- Pursued interim improvements at McFarland and West Elementary Schools